Swiss Breakfast



Swiss Breakfast

I first came across this recipe when I was at college studying nutrition over 40 years ago. I have been making it ever since and it has stood the test of time. I still love it. Actually I often make it for dinner during the summer. Who says you cannot eat breakfast for dinner! With a dish as nutritious and delicious as this one anytime is perfect.

Ingredients

½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice 

½ cup rolled oats 

2 tablespoons sultanas 

1 apple

1 banana

Method

The night before combine the orange juice, oats and sultanas Place in a sealed container in the fridge overnight (or at least 2 hours) In the morning grate the apple and slice the banana and stir through Add any other fresh or frozen (thawed) fruits Eat immediately or store in the fridge for up to 12 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment